Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today didn't go as planned...



...and I don't know why I expected it to. Okay here we go in as much of a nutshell as possible. Initially I thought the model (who is actually my little sister) being used worked close to my job downtown. I figured since I get off at 4p.m. Friday and she got off work at 4:30 that I could just meet her at her job, have her change clothes and we head to The Taste of Chicago to get a few shots for my portfolio and be done.

Wrong, she doesn't work dwtn, as a matter of fact her job is further south than I live, I only discovered this maybe this past Tuesday June 29. So since she was headed to the Taste to see Trey Songz on Thursday July 1st, Today, with some friends I figured I would either call off work or go in late and just get the shots then. She told me she was leaving work at 2:30p.m. and going straight to the Taste which, by public transportation means she'd be there no later than 4p.m. Cool, that means I would pretty much have to call off if she didn't want to chance being in the very back of the crowd since the Trey Songz concert started at 5:30p.m.
And I'm not the kind of person who calls off to take a a couple pictures, that could really be taken some other time than the the time I have to work, but I hate that job and have only called off once in the almost two years I've been stuck there and I was extremely sick and couldn't move let alone function that time, AND I requested today off a month ago, and there's absolutely no reason why I was scheduled to work on today (this is one of those things that makes me hate the job).
Anyway the new plan was in motion as I got there later than I meant to at almost 4:30p.m. but the model was still looking for a park when I text her letting her know that I was there. And to make this getting to long story short, I could've just went to work because by 6p.m. I hadn't seen her, or Trey Songz.
It was just a stupid plan, on my part to begin with. 11:59p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment