Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Dress- The start...




Because of some recent compliments on some super old work I have decided to share the process of me making a dress. Yes the fashion bug has bitten me yet again and I certainly have the fever.
So the pictures above are the start of the dress I designed back in January after buying the fabric next to the sketches. Is that velvet?! I can hear you all saying that, and yes it is velvet, but there's nothing wrong with it done right! Anyway I actually call the dress my " Birthday Dress" because I started it at the the end of February or the beginning of March and had every intention of fnishing it and wearing something original, however, that did not happen, why? I think it had something to do with my being a procrastinator and other excuses but I'm back wanting sew so hopefully sometime soon I'll have something to show!
The pictures below are an example of this same process with another dress, when I actually had space to move around, and was making stuff consistently. 8:15p.m.







No comments:

Post a Comment