Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sexless in Chi-City 12: Confusion


The outfit I chose.

Here we go, I swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so somebody help me.
I shouldn’t have gone on this date? Not because it was horrible, in fact it was the opposite. Not terribly exciting but good conversation. However, it ended for me with more questions than I set out with.
The main issue or problem is his friend. Yes I know trifling little ole me, but let me explain, though I’m not sure it will make a difference.
I‘d been noticing Martin for a while, we’ve had each others number for years, always spoke to each other at parties with mutual friends but he never really flirted or gave any indication that he noticed me. Be it that I couldn’t get a read, I just left it at he must not be interested.
So last weekend we were both at a mutual friends event. Everyone is having a good time and I end up in a long and interesting conversation with an old college friend I hadn’t seen in years. Eventually we exchange numbers with plans to keep in touch and maybe hang out later in the week. As the night wore on it came to my attention that Martin and Harold, the interesting conversation guy, were friends and actually met up with each other at the party, hmm.
Not to long after Harold left everyone started to leave and of course after a night of drinking, breakfast was mentioned. It ended with four us about to go eat, my girl who I came with and I, Dude, the host of the party, and Martin. I’m not exactly sure how this happened as I was quite tipsy and I’m sure it was at my girl’s suggestion (she’s the only one aware that I was ever interested in Martin) but Martin and I end up going to his place to wait for my girl and Dude to come back with the food, hmm.
At this point I have to remind myself that I swore to tell the whole truth so I’ll go ahead and add that while waiting we did end up doing some high school like making out, no clothes were taken off, no sparks flew.
Fast forward to Tuesday at this point both of them are texting me, Harold more so than Martin but this is the night that Martin asked me to “come watch a movie with him.” So began the big question marks. Clearly Martin wants to finish what was started but is that all? Could there be a reveal that he’s actually noticed me all this time or am I just being the average hopeful chick in thinking that? And what about his friend Harold, a really nice guy who at first, made it clear that he’s not looking for anything more than a friend right now but would like to hang out and get to know me better.
Well I didn’t go “watch a movie” with Martin because clearly he was expecting one thing and one thing only and I couldn’t give it to him without me feeling like I would be playing myself, plus there was still Harold. I couldn’t sleep with his good friend then go hang out with him.
So I went on what felt like a date with Harold, I’m thinking I should have let some time pass before going out with him because clearly he’s interested in me but he’s just doing what nice guys do and take things slow and not try to come on to strong. I appreciate that dearly. But now we’re at the point where if I hadn’t been mentioned between the two of them I soon will be. Now I can’t really say anything to Martin without becoming a Bitch in the eyes of Harold or maybe the both of them. I don’t know if I was supposed to just choose one in the beginning and just go with that choice and forget about the other guy, if I had done that I would have chose Martin. But because of how it played out, I’m thinking the best thing to do is to just leave them both alone and wait for the next guy. This is why I’m single. What do you think?


How I looked. 1:00a.m.

6 comments:

  1. drop em both...trios never end in an acceptable manner, especially if they are really good friends, because not all guys live by the code of not trying to deal with the same woman. I've seen it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is lil sis!...

    Cute outfit by the way. And everything isn't always black and white as I'm sure you already know, but I was in a situation like that.. (stuck in between a pimp and a hard place) lol.. But since you haven't got into anything deep with either of the guys I say if you're interested in one more than the other there's still a chance for you guys w/out hurting the other or losing two friendships.. Find out the intentions of both the guys if you sense BS, leave em alone if there's a mutual attraction w/ one I say don't pass it up! Whew!.. You'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say leave them both alone. Doesnt sound like this could end in your favor without being messy first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I know it's been a long time...but I think u should leave them both alone. You know u feel awkward now at the thought of them mentioning ur name to each other. So....to spare the future unnecessary drama. Politely drop them both....And when u c them act like a COOL-ASS FRIEND(nothing more)! Ur reputation is on the line, and u dont wanna go down as "the girl who 2 guys n the same crew had n common". Not a good look. Especially considering, it was around the same time. Sorry.......That's all 4 now!


    -----Luvlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep a friendship with both of them.But there's nothing serious with both so don't stress it.Besides,its too many guys out here anyway.Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't talk to either, cuz their crew is toooooooo small!

    ReplyDelete