Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Funny how things go/I gotta say today was a good day

My side view as I sat in the car, having no idea of the good things in store for the rest of the day, waiting for the boyfriend who was across the street in Sir&Madame. This was early afternoon and the weather was unexpectedly pleasant for Chicago, February. We headed out earlier than expected when something else came up. I really thought Monday would consist of me basically sitting around doing nothing productive and feeling sick about it etc. While I didn't technically do much my mood was improved 100%. I found a few locations I want to shoot at, got new shoes, magazines, good food and even better company.

Stopped at a grocery store to use the bank and I ended up getting the shampoo below since it was on sale. I figured this could be a good first step to the hair products journey I'm embarking on this year, to go along with my heightened healthy hair awareness. Couldn't decide if I wanted Coconut or Vanilla, I always get both "flavors" in other products so I just decided to mix as they both offer things my hair NEEDS. The brand is Organix, though neither are completely organic. This view kind of represents the turn of the day for me. I had no idea when we left out that we were doing anything more than dropping off clothes and stopping at the post office. This view of the Chicago skyline, made me want to kick myself for leaving my camera behind, lesson learned, especially because I thought more than twice about bringing it and at the last minute left it! Don't plan on that happening again. The view also inspired a shoot idea and sent me in the complete opposite direction of the way the day started out.After being shown around to a few different shoes stores he thought I might be interested in he wanted to check out the Aldo warehouse/liquidation store where all past season stuff finds itself marked down and then marked down again. He didn't find anything but I surly feel like I struck gold with the brown sandals below, I was hoping they would match a particular dress but as I suspected they are two different browns.
Then made it to a spot called Dee's Place that I'd never heard of but he'd noticed in passing a few times. Soul Food was delicious and hit the spot at about 16 bucks per plate, without drink(s) I got the Uptown magazines free there, (which of course was the cherry on top for me). There were two, the boyfriend kept the current issue. Then off to the house for The Chicago Code, naps, blogging and real rest as I return to Retail Hell tomorrow after a day that felt like a vacation.2:18 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment