Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Three...




Yesterday was good. It was a simple birthday with with an unexpected twist and loads of small delights. I don't know how many times I tell myself this, but I guess now I'm just saying it on this blog but I'm just grateful. But back to the subject which is yesterday, for starters by the end of the day I'd taken I think 262 photos, mostly in the Garfield Park Conservatory...which was the unexpected twist. Unfortunately I'm not at home with my best friend Mac so I cant really upload/show you any of those pictures however I will again leave you with low res, cell phones shots. Either later tonight or tomorrow sometime, (more likely tomorrow)I will add details through photo, to this post. Goodnight, back to the future tomorrow. 11:09p.m.

*3/17/11 Back to give more details...
First stop, was Roosevelt Street, in the south loop to get filters for my new 50mm lens and to look for swimsuit material, as I have it in mind to make myself a new swimsuit for Miami in July. Unfortunately none of the fabric below was that blend of Nylon and Spandex. So off to Jo-Ann's we headed...




Got turned around on the way to Jo-Ann's and saw these nice wall paintings further East on Roosevelt in the movies and Target complex.
I've been wanting to make some jewelry for the last couple years and check that section out every time I go in Jo-Ann's. I also got some brown swimsuit material, but I'm still on the look out for something to mix it with.

After a bit more running around we finally made it to a closed Garfield Park Conservatory. The boyfriend has been saying for months how it's one of the best in the Country and neither us had been before the nice security guard let us join the walking ladies. I must say that even with a few days left of vacation that was best part. I think I'm making a photographer out of the boyfriend. Dinner at P.F. Changs was the last part of the day where I tried Calamari for the first time, not as bad as I thought it would be, and their Shrimp with Candied Walnuts was okay, but not as good as the very similar dish I had a couple days before at Dragonfly (posted under Day One).



(click photos to enlarge)
I'll be posting more photos from the day on my Flickr by the end of the week click here to go to my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment