Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day One...


I was supposed to leave my house by noon that day with pretty much just my camera and notepad to go to a workshop or two at the annual Chicago Creative Expo but I spent a long time trying to figure out what to write in this interview request email, then as the time went on I got a bit discouraged because already my day wasn't going the way I wanted it to...
First stop Randolph street for a late Mandarin lunch at Dragonfly Restaurant with my girl CJ. We split and order of Shanghai Spring Rolls ( 2 little egg rolls) and Sweet and Spicy Wings ( 6 delicious pieces of chicken -weren't all wings as the menu said) and Honey Walnut Prawns (first picture). Those slight crunchy friend shrimp (that come with rice) will be the main reason I go back. Our bill was $29.97, which I guess wasn't so bad ( of course I wasn't planning on spending any money when I woke up that day but I'm pretty much over it -well still getting over it. It wasn't much but I'm really cheap and every penny counts, so don't judge me and my cheapness!) Moving along, the decor was pretty nice but I hated how they sat everyone so close to each other for their convenience, as opposed to thinking about the patrons comfort, but we were leaving when people really started to come in around 5p.m.ish
The space near the elevator of the W on Lakeshore Drive. We were at the eleventh floor of the wrong W. Id bee to a party years ago at this W and thought it was the only on in Chicago. however when we knocked o the door to room 1111 and no one answered, a phone call to a our buddy lead us to the other W hotel on Adams still downtown Chicago.

The elevator in the W hotel on Adams. It was very dark and there was this pretty cool 3D effect going on in there, the blue/green circles seemed to be coming out enough to touch us. Very cool and unexpected.The writings on the wall of my buddies room at the W hotel on Adams. The lounge in that place was definitely telling me I'd be back.
I'm on vacation from work for this week, and I'd like to see if I can post a few pics of everyday of it... we'll see how this goes. This is all from yesterday Saturday March 12th and I'm not sure what I'll post about tomorrow as I didn't do a thing all day today except watch Kill Bill with CJ.
Dragonfly Mandarin Restaurant
832 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607

W Hotel- City Center
172 W. Adams

W Hotel -Lakeshore
644 N. Lakeshore Drive
9:31p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment