Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 6






(click photos to enlarge)
Listening to Lupe, not the new one, and posting after midnight so its something I don't have to do as part of my day tomorrow. These are left over pictures from the 14th, some of which might make it to Flickr. I spent about a total of 3 hours (not all at once) today adding "jakina ado photography" to many of those pictures, and Photoshop unexpectedly hit me with a message I can't remember that forced me to stop and re size them another way, don't know what that was about but I do know I have to hurry up and figure out this batch process operation, along with so many other things.
On another note, with all this talk of actor Anthony Mackie calling Black filmmakers lazy and so on, it dawned on me how lazy I actually am. For starters let me clear up that I did not agree with Mackie on that comment, however it just got me to thinking about work ethic and physically striving and how I have zeroed in on the concept of fear and lack of focus being my biggest issues when really I'm lazy on top of all that. I always think back to how it was only a few years ago that I held down three jobs, 18 credit hours and managed to squeeze in time with friends, and make clothes outside of school hours along with quite a few other things simultaneously. Of course I burnt myself out and had a few break downs and outs along the way but I was pumping and you couldn't tell me I wouldn't graduate and go on to having all the things I was working so hard toward. Yet here I am today thinking about all the things I want to do instead of getting off my lazy ass and doing what I need to do. After graduating a break was certainly in order but I have to get my mind,body, and spirit to understand that break time is over. (in other words I didn't do what I intended to today, again) 12:40a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment