Sunday, April 17, 2011

False Start

I just don't even know where to begin. This first issue is but a figment of my imagination. For the last two years I've been hearing about, stumbling upon and reading stuff that talks about how the Universe works with you when its time to fulfill your dreams and seek some kind of satisfaction from doing what your meant to do, all this Destiny,Universe, Alchemy, Do You and live happily ever after stuff. Yet, when I do me, or at least think I am, it seems the Universe doesn't want to go with the flow. I mean is it not time? Is this yet another test? Am I supposed to learn other stuff first that these false starts are secretly telling me? I try not to question these higher powers that be, I really do try, I always (right after fussing about what everyone else did wrong) reflect on what I did or didn't do, what I didn't handle correctly, what where the signs that I ignored and what was the lesson I was supposed to learn from the debacle.
I guess its just a rookie mistake. I should have followed my instincts as well as made sure I directed my vision better. Shit. I have a headache again. Before I get out of here let me explain "Friday".
What I wanted to happen:
10:30/45a.m. the make up artist and I head from my house to get the model.
11:30a.m. Arrive at location begin hair and make-up.
12:00 start shooting first of six looks.
1:30/2:15p.m. pack up head to drop model off, head back South.
3:00/15 The end/ Head to my computer for a short while before heading off into an evening of art with the boyfriend.
What really happened...
10:00- get up/get ready
11:30- call/text model, let make-up artist know whats up. Model texts saying she has to be somewhere by 4, further altering and shortening the time frame for the 6 look shoot that was actually suppose to be going on when she text that. The only reason it wasn't was because less than 24 hours ago (on Thursday afternoon) she remembered that her daughter had a dentist appointment at the time of the shoot.
12:30- on the Expressway heading to the unknown address of the model for the Fashion editorial shoot for the recently renamed magazine of mine. The model and I play phone/text tag but I finally know exactly where to go, get there and wait yet another half hour, for her to actually get there.
2:00p.m. start make-up
2:30p.m. start taking pictures in the cold windy rain, that began about 10 minutes after we got there. Did about 5 pictures per 3 looks.
3:30p.m head to pick up models child from daycare, then drop model off at home.
The highlight came when we finally ate then headed to an Art Exhibit featuring Najjar. A tenured art professor from my Alma mater with whom the boyfriend was cool with. I ended up getting paid to take pictures and saw Yaw perform.
Doesn't look like I'll be ready for that soft launch in May. With stuff like this and not to mention Khari Lemuel not answering my phone calls after on Thursday around p.m. even though we talked the day before and agreed to meet Thursday after 4p.m. I don't know...maybe it really is just me. Goodnight.11:16p.m.

Artist Najjar with two of his daughters seating in front of him, and his "stool" art behind him.


No comments:

Post a Comment