Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Videos-inspiration

There has been about five videos I wanted to post on this blog. A Will Smith viral YouTube video editied to perfection with him giving the most necessary information on everyday living, the Trailer to my friends movie Get a Job, a Beyonce video and a Rihanna music video just because of the styling and I also happen to like both songs, and the video that I am actually about to post, that has encouraged me to go ahead and eventually post the other videos I just mentioned. I never posted them though because I felt music videos or videos in general didn't have much of a place in the what I'm trying to convey in my everyday (okay every couple days) rambling about how I'm moving through my life trying to accomplish a goal. Plus I wasn't sure I wanted to promote people/celebrities especially that I don't know because that leaves room for all kinds of feedback that may not be so positive and gives people an outlet to judge you through. For example posting a Rihanna video could lead to discussions on how she can't sing isn't a great performer or anything other than how incredible the styling of the video is, and I don't really want his to be the place for any of that. I am a fan of Concreteloop which is a great place for that kind of media if you crave it.
But here is the video I came across today on Complex Magazine's website by Levi Maestro about Maestro and his journey. I've been following this guys vlogs for a while maybe a year now and though this is maybe not the most through of his work, its a great introduction to him if you've never heard of him and shows in a couple minutes how someone like him is refreshing to me and how he came to be considered one of modern societies influencers. I just made that up, but its true in my humble opinion. 7:09p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment