Friday, August 6, 2010

Come with me...






are we there yet???

It was free night at the Art Institute earlier and one of my favorite photographers is visiting until October 3rd.






These are some of the first photos I was shown by Henri Cartier-Bresson. The hour I was there before closing was not enough. I discovered so much more than I knew was there. Of course now I have to head to Amazon.com (well sometime in October when my money recuperates from the shopping I've done/am doing this month and the cruise I'm going on next month) to find the book of his work the Art Institute was selling for $75, for less, much less. I'm going back the next Thursday evening I have off before the exhibit is over and maybe I won't be to scared next time to sneak a camera photo of some of the photos that pause me.
Here is a cool one either taken or developed/published in 1951 of fashion photographer Richard Avedon, once editor of Harper's Bazaar Carmel Snow, and Marie Louis Bousquet 3:14a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment