Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Winter Kate







So these photos are from Sat. April 10 2010. I went to check out the launch or Nicole Richie's Winter Kate clothing collection at Nordstrom. I went with the thought that this would be a good post for my blog especially if was anything like the Rachel Roy collection showing back in 2008. I wasn't. Maybe it was the underwhelming clothes or maybe it was the way the pr/event people out of nowhere approached me and asked what publication I was with, and when I said a blog the "polite" lady asked me to speak to some guy, I forgot what his name and title were, but either way he told me I could not take pictures of her while she was seated and signing autographs, but I could get a shot of her coming in. Im my mind I'm thinking but Nicole Richie isn't even that big of a deal, I mean I notice all these people, mostly young girls with copies of the "simple life" DVDs but none of these people plan on purchasing these clothes and here I am actually interested in the apparel. If it matters I was right next to her when she came in, but I am not paparazzi and I was feeling a little peeved by the nerve of these people who approached me and none of the people with point and shoot cameras. I assume these celebrities want to be taken seriously when it comes to the things they do outside of whatever makes them a celebrity but slighting the people interested in the clothes they pretend to design in order to highlight their celebrity is contradictory. Either way I decided to turn around on my way out and attempt to get a photo of her anyway, I provided arrows to direct you to the spot that is Nicole Richie.

It wasn't all bad I got to practice with my camera and meet two models I've been seeing around and am coming to adore. The one pictured by herself with the sheer black top on is Angela C. and the other with the long dress and flats is Samantha L. Hope to work with them in the future. 4:02a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment