Friday, September 10, 2010

Week in deals and other good shit

The week is coming to an end, the summer is coming to an end and yet I still feel like where to I begin? Well let’s start at the beginning, its been a good week thus far. I went to my first meeting for Legacy Builders, a non-profit organization who’s exact mission statement I do not know but it’s all about the community and kids and giving back and all kinds of good shit with all kinds of good people.
Kanye West finally dropped “Devil in a new dress,” a song off his forthcoming album that I can see me liking for a long time, and J.Cole followed suit with a mixtape song “Villematic” that shares the same beat as the new Kanyeezy song. Willow Smith dropped her single, and though she’s only nine years old, I’m rooting for her, my last post showed why her dad is one of my favorite people. Speaking of favorite people my buddy Senyo landed back in town and promptly played me and that’s okay because I have a feeling this weekend will erase that. Oh and mayor Daley is retiring, this is probably only a good thing if we Chicagoans get a less corrupt person in his place but being that this is Chicago, the best we can hope for is slightly less. Oh and I got some pretty good FREE books.
And saving the best for last, I got ShOe DEALS!!! End of the season markdowns and I was looking for a black bikini top to go with some cover up shorts I also just got. I can’t wait to show you why in September I’m looking for swimsuits, just a couple weeks (hehehe smiling from ear to ear) I came up on pretty close to what I was looking for and some stuff I’d given up on…



So I thought these were cute and for $7 I couldn't leave them on the shelf, but when I go them home, I wasn't as in like with them and they're just to big so I was planning on selling them or taking back if I couldn't sell them for a bit more sooner than later. Then when my sister came to pick up my nephews I started showing her all good stuff I got in the last couple days for a little of nothing. Then she decided she just has to have the shoes and gave me $10 for them. No, I'd never hustle my sister.










I love Frye and I've been meaning for the last two years, since I got my first pair, to look up to company a bit further than the tag that comes with the product to see if the brand is as good as I'm feeling it is. So I've ben eyeing this shoe for maybe 3 months now? They started at $130 (though they retail for much more than that) and I was hoping not to many people would see in them what I did, so that they could stay around for the markdowns. They finally went down to $99, still to much and then when I thought there was only a 6 left, they went down some more and if my buddy wouldn't have alerted me to the price drop, I would've never discovered the $20 size 10 that was just sitting there waiting on me. Yes the 10 is a bit to large, but because of the shoe all I have to do is make another hole in the ankle band and they'll be perfect! I'm still in disbelief that I finally, actually got them. 1:23a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment