Thursday, September 2, 2010

Art Institute: Bresson and more...

Back at the Museum today to visit my old buddy Bresson. I just had to take advantage again of being able see again up close and personal some of the images that are so hard to come across on the internet.





I glanced at the Archibald Motley that I always stop and take a look at when I'm there. Blues 1929 which I had as a poster in college, I still have it around here somewhere and plan on getting my cheap reproduction framed one of these days.

I walked around a bit longer to try to avoid some rush hour traffic before I headed home...




Just when I thought it was safe to go home Fashion at the Museum stopped me in my tracks... I wonder if this 1967 ad was on Beyonce's inspiration board when she did that Diva video, or on the inspiration board of the designer who made the similar one's Beyonce wore.

Upon exploring more of the museum today I discovered Alice Springs better known as Helmut Newtons wife June Newton (Brunell). I found her in a Taschen book in a museum shop when I was trying to find out who is the photographer responsible for this iconic photo of Donyale Luna which is also the cover of the book I was leafing through.(Charlotte March took this photo which was published in 1966 in Twen magazine)


this is just a better photo I found online.


I didn't have this on today but this is what I wore the last time I attempted to go so I just posted it, just because lol. 12:00a.m.

1 comment: