Monday, May 16, 2011

Funny the way things come together.

So Sunday I met with a web designer named Renetrice.
While on lunch at Retail Hell a cashier came in the break room to begin her shift. I'd just heard no more than an hour before that this particular co-worker may be graphically inclined and was going around the Hell looking for the person she heard was a photographer about a week or so ago to possibly collaborate. A few minutes into my lunch and here she comes, I ask if she designs websites and she furrows a brow and says no, where did I hear that? After some explaining she and I finds out not only that I'm the photographer but that she's an actress, mostly theatre and she has a friend who does websites and graphic design. Unexpectedly she hands me the phone to talk to her web developer friend Renetrice on he other end, she and I agree to set up a time to meet later which leads us to Sunday.

She was awesome, and I really feel like the search for someone to take on this responsibility is over. She is a typography geek, which allows her to truly relate to my love of paper. Like every other creative person, she does a trillion other creative things in conjunction with living a "regular" life. And she's from Louisiana. We have a way to go, on this but she's willing to work with me, for that I am genuinely grateful. For more of what she does click here to be taken to her website, pop pour sip.com (click on the words to get past the homepage).

The process won't officially start until I drop that deposit in a month or so but that's one thing scratched off. To celebrate I went to Forever 21 and accidentally spent $17.78 on some bangles and a bracelet. My last splurge (*with the exception of the extra discount days at retail hell) pretty much of 2011, that has nothing to do with the magazine/company. I know how backward that move was but I just had to get it out before I quit cold turkey like that.
Now off to bed, accompanying my Real Estate maven friend to her cover shoot tomorrow for some Chicago real estate magazine she wrote a column for, details on that later. 1:05a.m.

1 comment: