Sunday, December 12, 2010

This Blogs old, new beginning.

So what I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now is to feature other people on this blog. Kind of like I did with Kwesi Abbensetts. They could be friends, people whose work I like, people who inspire me so on and so fourth. This idea is not necessarily original to blogs or anything and there’s no way I can think of to do it different, so I’m just going to mention these people on Sundays, probably not every Sunday, just the Sunday closest to whenever I discover them, it, whatever.
The idea is to have a couple words from them so I’m not just regurgitating stuff you’re going to see when further looking into them neither the same stuff you may already know if you already heard of them. If I’m featuring someone I don’t know, or can’t talk to I’ll still feature it, if I’m so moved, despite that being the bane (sometimes fortune) of most blogs existence.
This is important because the goal of this blog from the beginning was to be a launching pad for my magazine, which I got off track from with photography gigs, a bullshit job, boyfriend, car trouble, no money and other happenings of life.

They original idea was for the blog was for it to be the “making the band” of my magazine, i.e. an episode a week (a couple posts a week) until you have the actual band (writers, photogs, editor) and the product of the show and all the hard work… an album (magazine!). But it didn’t go like that, I super slacked.

At the end of 2009, I knew 2010 was going to be my year, and in many ways it was, the only thing missing really just happens to be one of the biggest. So just like last year, at the end of this year I’m back in the mind frame of next year being a big year. So 2011 is almost here, let’s have another go round shall we? 4:36p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment