Sunday, December 12, 2010

Special Sauce Sunday: Featurette Erica C. at Per Populus Gallery


Friday I went out to support my girl Erica as she hosted a showing of some assumed local jewelry makers and a photographer, and an artist. Of all five people showing the photographer Tony Lopez, the venue Per Populus Gallery, and my buddy Erica stood out.

The photographer features about 10 or so HDR images that were awesome. He used photomatix software, to create surreal looking photos of regular spaces or locations might be a better word. Digitally he did an old photography trick we call sandwiching that I learning in a darkroom. I guess combining negatives has found its way to digital photography.The work of Tony Lopez.
Per Populus Gallery is a small venue but a place you can imagine so much possibility in because of the energy circulating in the people and in the space.
Erica I met in college, we had the same major. She graduated on time ahead of me and when I get back to the city she had already started a line of tees, and started working on becoming the socialite that she is. She’s a stylist first, but does so much and has so mastered being in the right place at that you can’t help but to notice her. I’m sure it won’t be too much longer before the right people are utilizing her talent. Click here to see her old portfolio.
The belly out chic, that would be Erica C. talking to a friend.Erica on the right with the model that she styled for the event.

Erica with Ryan (not sure if thats how he spells it) of Kustom Karats The model is wearing Kustom Karats as well.


6:29p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment