Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4


Okay so I said some shit on Facebook a week or so about not buying Beyoncé new album but I'm gone buy that shit. "Who run the world" grew on me. I still think that "Best I never had" song is garbage, but everything else I've heard so far I like, particularly "1+1," and "Dance for you," both have been on repeat since they leaked. "Party" featuring Andre 3000 was okay, I mean I haven't deleted it from my iTunes yet, so I guess I'm giving it a chance to grow on me too. 'Rather die young' I must say I'm feeling that too.
Beyoncé was not lying when I read somewhere that she pushed her vocals on this album. We all know the girl is a performers performer and can sing, but we also know girls who can sings as well her. I can't imagine seeing the songs I've heard thus far done better on Youtube. Now "End of time" is confusing. When the song starts I want to like the beat then, the song keeps going and all I can think is this must be one of the songs that was inspired by her travels and what's with the breakdown in this song and every other one of her up tempo songs, its like she puts a dance break in all of them.
The real deciding factor for me was album art. I'm not gone lie. I'm a 'new image' geek that way. I can't wait to see all the pretty pictures in her album packaging, plus I forgot to get Jill Scott's new one during the first week and I don't pay non sale price for CDs so I need this Beyoncé album art to hold me over until Jill Scott goes on sale again.
I'm just putting this out there but I'm going to see Beyoncé when she makes it to Chicago this time around anybody reading this who wants to go let me know! 12:59a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I try to stay away from Beyonce, but good music is good music. The style that's confusing you is Paso doble... I recognized it from watching ballroom dancing. 4 is a killer -I can't stand her Illuminati ass, lol!

    ReplyDelete